CityRoom, Inc. and Worldwide Tours Directory pick their favorite fitness tour in the world. The winner:Bicycling in Ireland!
SEPTEMBER, 2013: CityRoom, Inc. chose bicycling as the top worldwide sport for adventure travelers in 2013, and the “best plan” for fitness travelers in 2014. Of all tours evaluated, one country came out on top: Ireland. The tour company that out-shined all the rest was Ireland by Bike, receiving enthusiastic praise from CityRoom’s team of travel writers and tour critics for having provided “an unforgettable experience,” and “world-class service.” Ireland by Bike provides self-guided tours for individuals, couples, or groups of any size, and of all bicycling abilities—beginning to advanced. It operates between April and October every year in County Donegal (the north-west corner of Ireland). In response to the high praise for this little-known operator, WorldwideToursDirectory has teamed up withCityRoom to promote Ireland by Bike to people around the world. Email us today to learn more…
Our Offer: Request information on touring Ireland by bicycle and mention our website: www.bikeToursWorldwide.com, and you will receive 5% off your cycling vacation! (Discount applies to tour costs as well as to your meals and lodgings at Irish beds-and-breakfasts!).
Ireland by Bike offers custom, self-guided tours. Features include:
Daily cycling programs designed to fit your desires: Ride as few as 10km per day, or as many as 100. This tour accommodates beginners and experts alike.
- Stay around one locale, or visit many: Choose to stay in one town or village to familiarize yourself with its people and the local attractions near your bed-and-breakfast, or cycle every day through new regions, each night a new bed-and-breakfast, to see as much of Ireland by bike as you can!
- Home-cooked local cuisine for energy and health: Enjoy hot Irish breakfasts home-cooked and served to you every morning in your bed-and-breakfast before you ride.
- See Ireland’s wealth of history and beauty: from archeological attractions, to sites of literary and historical importance, to the vast emerald landscapes Ireland is famous for… everyday you will find new inspiration to enhance your life.
- Safety, Care, Friendliness, Service… the most important qualities for a tour service to offer. If there was a single thing that made Ireland by Bike win the award for best fitness tour, it was its amazing service. All along the way, tour participants felt safe and sound thanks to Ireland by Bike and its founder, Seamus, who showed time and again how important it is to him that his clients feel safe, aresafe, and above all, have a great time.
- After a Day’s Ride: Evening’s in County Donegal are festive and fun. You can stay in your bed-and-breakfast and use the computer and internet that many provide, or you can go out to the local Irish pubs, taste authentic Guinness beer, and listen to live Irish music. County Donegal was voted #1 by tour participants when asked about countries/regions with the most friendly locals. CityRoom Editor, Julie Sevigny writes, “I have been on tours throughout Europe, meeting people of all nationalities, and I think the people of [County Donegal] are probably the most friendly and outgoing of anywhere. So much of the joy that I felt in Ireland came from talking to the locals.”
- Quality and comfort are offered at an affordable price: The atmosphere of Northwest Ireland can be called “warm and cozy” with natural sites that range from the rugged to the serene. The local people are not elaborate in dress or manners, but the wholeness of the food, the cleanliness of the lodgings, and the majesty of the scenery, make this tour rank as a “world-class” tour. Participants come from all over the world to experience Ireland by Bike’s tours, and from what they tell us, the trip was worth every minute and penny they spent.
If this sounds like an interesting tour so-far, email us with your questions, ask for a quote. Mention BikeToursWorldwide and receive 5% off! (email@example.com)
“Where dips the rocky highland
Of Sleuth Wood in the lake,
There lies a leafy island
Where the flapping herons wake
The drowsy water-rats;
There we’ve hid our faery vats,
Full of berries
And of reddest stolen cherries…”
From “The Stolen Child” by William Butler Yeats
W. B. Yeats was born in Dublin but his parents were from Sligo and he spent a large proportion of his life there.